SOS is a PC multiplayer survival game set inside a fictional reality show. It focuses on ad-hoc team building and showcasing players’ personalities through voice chat.
- You've been selected by Amarant Corporation to participate as a Contestant in The Ultimate Escape.
- The Ultimate Escape challenges Contestants with finding and recovering Relics hidden across the deadly La Cuna Island.
- Relics are hidden and protected by dangerous creatures.
- Contestants cannot escape the island without first recovering a Relic
- The helicopter only has enough seats for three Contestants.
- Social manipulation may be key to victory, as may be forming genuine alliances. You decide.
- A functioning microphone is very important to achieving victory.
- Whether it’s as a human shield or as a compatriot in battle, your teammates will often be necessary for victory
- When you die, you’ll enter Spectator mode, where you can judge the entertainment value of the surviving Contestants.
Map of the Island
La Cuna Island is divided into several sections: The Cradle, Temple of the Birds, Underworld Temple, and Eagle Camp. The Amarant Corporation believes each section hides at least one Relic, though their exact locations are not known. Scour the closest section for a Relic to secure your extraction on the helicopter.
Threats on the Island
Hupia are the most common enemy on La Cuna Island. Hupia often present a lethal threat to new Contestants. Hide or sneak past them to avoid confrontations early on.
Often, other Contestants can be your best chance to survive La Cuna. Other times they may be your biggest threat. Be wary when forming Alliances or making enemies. Betraying the wrong person may cost you your life.
Items on the Island
You can interact with a variety of objects hidden across the island. Scavenge what you can and leave no stone unturned.
Items and Weapons
Various Weapons and Items are scattered across the island. Some may be deadly to opposing Contestants whereas others may be used to heal yourself or secure extraction on the helicopter.
Some items or doorways may be locked. Hitting these locks with your melee weapons is useless. Find a lockpick or blast your way through with a gun!
Events on the Island
Supplies and ExtractionsContestants can call for supplies or an extraction by firing a flare into the sky using a flare gun to call the attention of the helicopter pilot. A player carrying a relic must be visibly near the flare to successfully trigger an extraction. If you don't have a relic the helicopter will airdrop supplies to your location, but beware as the viewing audience and spectating players will be able to cast votes on what supplies you should receive!
Audiences viewing through Hero TV or dead, spectating players can cast their votes to influence what items are dropped when a player calls an air supply. Choose wisely! Every pro has its offsetting con.
Voting through Hero TV
Streamers who've connected their Twitch and Hero accounts will enable their viewers to influence supply drops by voting via the Hero interface.